Tuesday, October 11, 2016


The book Deuteronomy in the Bible mentioned the ten commandments like the book Exodus. The one commandment that I think children should try to practice is Deuteronomy 5:16 which states that you shall honor your father and mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you. I was taught that you should honor your mother and father so God could give you a long lasting life. I think that is true but I think there is more thought to the verse. I think you should want to obey your parents. I mean you only get 1 mom and dad, so why wouldn't you want to respect them like you would want to be respected. I've been practicing this commandment and it has made me a better person and made me feel better about myself. By doing this I realized when I was respectful to my parents around my elders, they were impressed the way I was behaving. The way you treat your parents in front of people matter. Respecting your parents shows a huge part on showing what kind of person you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment